Ingredients (Serves 3):
– 3 x red peppers.
– 1 x cup buckwheat.
– 1 x tin chickpeas.
– 3 x medium sized beetroots.
– 3 x Aubergines.
– 1 x Tbsp Olive oil.
– 1x Clove Garlic.
– 1 x Tbsp Tahini.
– 1 x Tsp of each of the spices Ground cumin, coriander and paprika.
– Salt & pepper.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Peal the Beetroot , chop into wedges, season and make sure they have some oil over them – these take an hour to cook.
3. Cut the aubergines in half, score the flesh, put flesh side up on a baking tray, season and coat in a bit of oil (a spray works really well) – these take around 40 minutes to cook.
4. Cook the buckwheat – 2 parts water to 1 part buckwheat, and cook until all the water is absorbed.
5. Prep the peppers – cut the top off and scoop out all of the seeds (make sure the top can sit back on as a lid).
6. Once the water has been absorbed into the buckwheat, add the chickpeas alongside a tsp of ground cumin, ground coriander and paprika.
7. Fill with the buckwheat and put in the oven for around 25 minutes.
8. Take out the aubergine, scoop the flesh into a food processor with a tbsp. tahini, drizzle of oil, salt & pepper and a crushed clove of garlic to make the baba gaboush.
9. Smear the baba gaboush on the plate, place the pepper in the middle and then add the beetroot around the side.
Watch us make this delicious recipe on our IGTV, click here