These raw choc maca balls are a really healthy version of a treat, they aren’t too sweet and are really filling with the maca and the cacao giving you an energy boost. Perfect for that 4pm slump! And only 70 calories per ball makes it guilt free.
They are also gluten-free and paleo!
Ingredients (makes 12 balls):
- 55g desiccated coconut (or coconut flakes)
- 130g banana (works out as about 1 large banana)
- 30g almond flour/meal/ground almonds
- 100g grated carrot (works out as about 1 medium sized carrots)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or honey (optional if you prefer something sweeter)
1) Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until it’s all well combined
2) Mould with hands into 12 small balls and keep in the fridge until you fancy a little treat
3) I also microwaved one for 10 seconds which (although it’s a raw recipe) was really yummy.
Calories per serving: 70