VEGAN AUBERGINE CURRY
This can be made in just over 30 minutes, it’s so simple and doesn’t require many ingredients (for a curry).
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 red onion( chopped)
- 2x aubergine (chopped into 1cm chunks)
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2Tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1Tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tsps ground turmeric
- 1 x can (400ml) coconut milk (full fat)
For garnish (this is needed as the curry will need brightening up as it will look quite dull without some colour)
- Fresh red chilli
- Fresh coriander
- Brown Rice
1) Chop the aubergine and sprinkle over some salt- leave to sweat (this takes some of the moisture out meaning that when you cook it the oils and flavours absorb making it taste better)
2) Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan and fry until soft
3) Add the aubergine and continue frying for around 10 minutes on a medium heat, mixing occasionally.
4) Turn the heat down to low and add the crushed garlic and spices, mix until the aubergine is covered and you an start smelling the delicious aromatic (about 1 minute).
5) Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil.
6) Once boiling turn down to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes then remove the lib and cook for a final 15 minutes until the aubergine is soft and the liquid has reduced slightly
Serve in bowls and garnish with chilli and fresh coriander and a side of rice.